Words: Meghan Moore
Winter- most people associate the season with the holidays that take place during this time. But a key factor in the holiday spirit is the music played during this time. Here are the top five grossing holiday albums sold in America to date:
- Elvis’ Christmas Album by Elvis Presley- Released in 1957, this album provides listeners with that classic Presley sound. The album focuses on the traditional Christmas sound and is sung with soul and passion.
- Miracles: The Holiday Album by Kenny G- This smooth jazz clarinet album gives a renowned, warm sound to the holiday season. Although this album features no vocals, it doesn’t need them. The hit holiday album brings a different vibe to Christmas time.
- Noel by Josh Groban- Providing listeners with all of the traditional holiday hits, Groban gives a soulful rendition of beloved Christmas songs. Accompanied by a string orchestra, this classical album gives a calming, soothing vocal performance that is sure to bring joy to anyone who listens.
- Merry Christmas by Mariah Carey- Pulling together multiple genres of music, Carey makes the classics her own by giving each song a vibrant sound, while staying true to each song’s roots. Tying together pop, gospel, and R&B all into one album, there is something for everyone in the album.
- These are Special Times by Celine Dion- Featuring both popular Christmas hits and original songs like “Don’t Save It All For Christmas Day,” Dion gives a heartfelt and festive performance backed by a wide range of instrumentals and background voices. The diversity throughout the album puts a unique spin of the holiday season.
For more breaking news and photos, follow The Wingspan on Instagram and Twitter @CHSWingspan.